Tuesday, October 31

TAle OF Woe

Okay so now im sufficiently not depressed to write my little tale of woe......i was for the past two years doing Eco (h)...and well maths is my achilles heel.....so in my first year i had a statistics paper..which alas owing to its overburdening quantity of congealed maths...i flunked...so humph and bugger to that..newyas i sed no biggie will handle it in the 2nd yr..in DU ur allowed to carry foward a flunked paper to your next year and you can attempt it then coz DU doesnt have any system of re-examination.........as archaic as it is...it doesnt...Shocked????? Yes, then i moved to my 2nd year along with 22 of my bathc mates of which 13 had an ER (Essential Repeat ) in Stats. (Not the only achilles huh??) now lets get to the sicker part!!! MAths a full paper in my 2nd year...and here i was happily thinking oh how bad can it be??? so wiht no forethought whatso ever no doubts about backing out. I gladly pushed into a mass of very obsolete mathematics and contradictory economics theories. And dear reader, if i wanted to be a statistician i would have taken bloody well statistics hons no? but our course setters know best. so leaving that to that. emerged from the bloody mess very confident of a 70+ aggregate for my 2nd year. Including, Maths. I'll come to the stats paper in a bit. In my internals i got 75% in my maths paper, Me, Danny Gosh i was so shocked. now my stats paper, i prepared well i was so damn cocksure of making it and besides ours was the last batch wth the old syllabus so we really though lady luck was on our side. i got the paper and i knew everthing set down to it and was happily gliding along when 15 mins thru our 2 hr paper an examiner comes and askes if there are any 2004 students...so we all raised our hands. so he asked what paper we wer giving. and like eager to please school children we checked the front of our papers. horrified to see New Course written on it!!! after being admonished for really no fault of ours apart from doing a paper the examinaer, the oh so knowing examiner handed to us. they gave us the Old course papers and dear lord!! bless my soul it was, if not more, as confounding as the one i gave last year. so well knew id flunk stats again.

Now this is where the shit realy hits the fan. summer break over. results out. Out of body experiance. learnt i've been flunked all together no breakups are given right away. Shocked shocked shocked. walking around like a zombie. not aware of anything. dint even have my baby to lean on. ran around south campus trying to get my mark sheet but bloody pesky staff cant really blame them made me shuffle between college and south campus and since i dint know what i was doing then wasnt aware of heat, of sweat, of shit. just ket bobbing back and forth like a tennis ball. Anyways. i decided to come back to senses. went to Dyal singh college and took admission in English hons!! what i shud have done 2 years back and wud have easly made North Campus. So here i am happy in English. my Mark sheet came flunked only maths my other 3 2nd yr papers all 60+...sent evrything for revaluation anyways. Really really happy in English...my very soul thrived on a subject i was born for. and now a week ago i heard that.....splat spalt spalt...guess what hit the fan....all my papers have gone for a 2nd reval excluding stats....it means theres a more than 5% increase in my marks in all my papers. Akash did the maths for me it means a good 8 marks, 7 more than what i need to pass maths.

I Can go back to my 3rd year. after, after get this...missing on 1 and a half sem of 5 100 mark subjects, 1st and 2nd year papers combine to a total of only 400 in the third year you have 5 papers worth 100 each contibuting to your degree of 900 marks. and to top it off i still have to do fucking stats. SO yea...i am so damn...****** up!!! and i love my new college my course everything about it.

SO Justice of FATE,GOD etc etc....???? can you read???

No comments: